TXM Plant joins the ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter’ to support diversity across the sector
TXM Plant is pleased to sign the ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter’ launched by The Railway Industry Association (RIA) and Women in Rail (WR). The Charter, designed to champion equality, diversity and inclusion in the UK rail industry is committed to working together to build a more balanced, higher-performing sector, backed by over 100 organisations.
Composed of several key elements, the Charter involves:
- Appointing a member of the senior leadership team as an ‘EDI Champion’
- Agreeing on an action plan, monitoring and reporting progress made
- Provides opportunities for training and education of employees, supporting the progression of diverse individuals into senior roles to improve diverse representation at senior and executive level across the UK rail industry
- Creates a culture that fosters inclusion and provides a safe space for all employees to talk openly, including at industry events and meetings
- Makes recruitment and progression processes accessible and attractive to all, to attract, retain and develop people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and identities
Open to all companies, clients and organisations, the Charter promotes positive change in the industry, encouraging collaboration and action and across the sector.
TXM Plant continues to lead innovation in the rail industry; we are therefore pleased to engage with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter. Proud of our commitment in being an equal opportunity employer, we will continue to strive towards ensuring we tackle the challenges the industry faces surrounding equality and diversity, driving an inclusive culture throughout our business.
Women in Rail Founder and Director Adeline Ginn MBE said: “The rail industry has worked hard in the last few years to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within its workforce. In these challenging times, it is important we strengthen these EDI efforts to ensure we attract and harness the skills, knowledge and insight from everyone representing all parts of our society and our customers.
“This Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter represents our industry’s commitment to openly support this agenda and we are delighted to be partnering with the Railway Industry Association, and all the signatories, on this exciting initiative.”
Read the full EDI Charter here.