We have two vacancies available at our Sittingbourne depot for the role of Service Engineer. The role is a position with no direct reports and will work closely alongside the Engineering Foreman and depot management team.
Some of the duties include the following:
- Carry out instructions with respect to inspection, repair, service and maintenance of all Plant machinery and equipment for hire and resale by the Company.
- Ensuring that all machines are serviced and ready for use in a clean and safe working order.
- In the field Service Engineers are required to attend sites to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment; including delivery of machine attachments to sites.
- Ensure site safety/regulations are adhered to with regard to site briefings, inductions, signing in etc.
- In the workshop Service Engineers are required to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment within the Depot.
- Maintain a thorough machine history record in line with Company policies and procedures, using the appropriate computer or paper-based system.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date service and maintenance records for auditing, using the appropriate computer or paper-based system.
- Maintain good working practices and be prepared to share knowledge and explain technical information clearly to non-technical audiences
- Maintain the Workshop in a clean and safe manner, ensuring any equipment used is safely returned to its natural rest area.
- On call duties – you will be required to be on call to assist in maintenance work when necessary.
- Full compliance and input into the company’s 6s system.
- Able to work well as part of a team, Customer focused
- Plant Engineering trained to minimum Level 3 NVQ
- Knowledge of the Rail Industry with basic electrical, hydraulic and diesel fault finding experience preferred
- Welding experience preferred
PTS qualified or willing to work towards gaining a PTS qualification