We have an exciting new vacancy for the role of IT Technical Support, based at our Wigan depot. The role will provide support to our depots nationwide and report to our IT Manager, based in Milton Keynes.
Salary – Commensurate with skills and experience
Duties will include the following:
- Test and install PC software, PC’s, printers, IP telephones, mobile devices, network devices and peripherals throughout the TXM Plant Limited network.
- Troubleshoot and maintain PC software, PC’s, printers, IP telephones, mobile devices, network devices, LAN/WAN infrastructure and peripherals throughout the TXM Plant Limited network.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd help desk support. When required, 3rd line support includes travel to Depots nationally.
- Administer IT User accounts and mailboxes and ensure adherence to IT security within TXM Plant Limited.
- Liaise and manage third party support contractors and suppliers.
- Administer IT User access and ensure adherence to IT security within TXM Plant Limited.
- Build PC’s to a standard specification.
- Provide monthly Help Desk statistics.
- Ensure server data backups are performed and validate success.
- Proactively monitor network and server performance.
- Analysing call logs to spot common trends and underlying problems.
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment.
- Assisting IT Manager as requested.
- A good standard of general education.
- Must have excellent grades in English Language and Maths at GSCE Level
- BTEC (Edexcel) National Certificate and Diploma IT Practitioners, City & Guilds (E-Quals) IT Practitioners Certificate and Advanced Diploma and OCR (iPRO) Certificate for IT Practitioners as equivalent is preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience in IT Support/IT Engineering/WAN and LAN technologies including mobile devices
- Computer literate for Outlook Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database and systems related packages to an Advanced Level 01908 991936 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in finding out more details or in applying for the role please contact Human Resources on 01908 991936 or at email@example.com
The closing date for the position is 12th November 2018