We have a vacancy available at our Newbury depot for the role of Service Engineer. The role is a position with direct reports and will work closely alongside the Engineering Foreman and depot management team.
Some of the duties include the following:
- Carry out instructions with respect to inspection, repair, service and maintenance of all Plant machinery and equipment for hire and resale by the Company.
- Ensuring that all machines are serviced and ready for use in a clean and safe working order.
- In the field Service Engineers are required to attend sites to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment; including delivery of machine attachments to sites.
- Ensure site safety/regulations are adhered to with regard to site briefings, inductions, signing in etc.
- In the workshop Service Engineers are required to carry out servicing and repairs of the Company’s Plant hire equipment within the Depot.
- Maintain a thorough machine history record in line with Company policies and procedures, using the appropriate computer or paper based system.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date service and maintenance records for auditing, using the appropriate computer or paper based system.
- Maintain good working practices and be prepared to share knowledge and explain technical information clearly to non-technical audiences
- Maintain the Workshop in a clean and safe manner, ensuring any equipment used is safely returned to its natural rest area.
- On call duties – you will be required to be on call to assist in maintenance work when necessary.
If you are interested in finding out more details or in applying for the role please contact Human Resources on 01908 991936 or at email@example.com
The closing date for the position is 20th April 2018